Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
The Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission was lauched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to bring a vast change in the health care system of India. This initiative includes the Health ID Card that is unique to everyone which enable the citizens of India to grab the health care of citizens that is taken care of in the hospitals of any part of India which is making the hospitals simplified for the citizens health.
The unique records of every citizens of health of every Indians are being recorded in the health card and being recorded digitally. This will allow the data to be shared for the health records of the past checkups and treatments with the involvement with the healthcare providers and the payers. In case of any queries, the user can visit the official website of the National Health Authority at healthid.ndhm.gov.in.
What is a digital health ID?
The digital health ID is a randomly generated 14-digit number that serves three purposes: unique authentication, authentication, and threading of the beneficiary’s health records. This record will only be accessible with the informed consent of the beneficiary across multiple systems and stakeholders. The user can get a health ID by self-registration on the website provided online or downloading the ABMD health records app on their mobile phones
How to get a health ID?
A citizen can create a health ID by participating in a health facility that involves both government or private hospitals, community health centres, and government wellness centres available across India.
Documents required :
At present, ABDM supports the forming of health IDs through Aadhaar or mobile phones. Further, it will support PAN and driving licenses to create the health ID in the future. The individual for the creation of the health ID needs to share the name, year of birth, gender, address, mobile number/ Aadhaar. You can also provide your mobile number for registration if you don’t provide your Aadhaar details.
What if Mobile number not linked with Aadhaar?
If you choose an Aadhaar number, then an OTP will be generated and sent to the mobile number that is linked to Aadhaar.
If your mobile number is not linked with Aadhaar, the beneficiary can visit the facility centre and use biometric authentication using an Aadhaar number.
After the authentication is completed, the health ID will be successfully generated.
Facilities available to the Beneficiaries
The digital health card records the details of the patient from treatment to discharge. You can also link your personal health records with your health ID to have a longitudinal health history.
Personal Health Records security :
According to NHA, the ABDM doesn’t store any health records related to the beneficiary. Based on the retention policies of the information on the ABDM network, it is with the encryption mechanism which is allowed only with the consent of the beneficiary.
How to exit and delete health ID?
Yes, ABDM has two options that support the feature to exit and delete the health ID.
- Users can permanently delete their health ID.
- You can also deactivate your ID temporarily.
Once you delete your unique health ID, all your details including demographics will be removed.
And the beneficiary will never be able to retrieve the information based on the health ID and cannot access the ABDM applications or any health records on the ABDM network will be completely removed.
Upcoming features of the unique health ID card
The new features will include doctors’ access to be verified across India. In the future, the health ID will also include the beneficiary’s child and the health records since birth.
The user can also add a nominee to access the health ID and manage the personal health records.
There will also be a health ID that will provide inclusive access via assistance methods to people who don’t have phones.
Benefits of Digital Health ID card :
It will help the user to receive lab reports, prescriptions, and diagnoses digitally from verified doctors and health service providers.
Health ID also provides the user with searching for doctors and specialists at their nearby location.
The identification of labs and drug stores will be easily identified through this platform.
Points to Know :
- Based on the foundations laid down in the form of Jan Dhan, Aadhaar and Mobile (JAM) trinity and other digital initiatives of the government.
- PM-DHM will create a seamless online platform through the provision of a wide-range of data, information and infrastructure services.
- It will also ensure the security, confidentiality and privacy of health-related personal information.
- The key components of PM-DHM include a health ID – unique 14-digit health identification- for every citizen that will also work as their health account.
- The national Health ID will be a repository of all health-related information of a person.
- The health ID will enable access and exchange of longitudinal health records of citizens with their consent.
- This health account will contain details of every test, every disease, the doctors visited, the medicines taken and the diagnosis.
- This information will be very useful as it is portable and easily accessible even if the patient shifts to new place and visits a new doctor.
- The Health ID is created by using a person’s basic details and mobile number or Aadhaar number.
- Personal health records can be linked and viewed with the help of a mobile application, a Healthcare Professionals Registry (HPR), and Healthcare Facilities Registries (HFR).
- Health ID under NDHM is a free of cost, voluntary. Analysis of health data will lead to better planning, budgeting and implementation for states and health programs, which should be a big cost optimizer.